Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Looming Hostel, Tartu

In Tartu I stayed with the Beau in Looming Hostel. I have to say it was one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. I loved the design, ethos, staff and vibe. Most of the furniture is free-cycled from people who were throwing it out or donating it. I had my concerns about that, worried that it might be a bit grotty, but in fact I would be happy to move in there and make it my home! The rooms are so comfy and clean, they have hammocks and couches in the sitting room and a lovely new sun terrace where you can have your food during the day or sunbathe. The only thing I didn't like was that the showers were in the basement which didn't make me feel very safe when I was showering alone. But all in all, I would definitely recommend it and would love to go back, ASAP!


4 comments:

  1. I'm reading all these posts carefully because i'd like to go to Estonia someday...
    I see you had a great time ! nice comfy room !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't recommend this place enough...I hope you get to Estonia some day and enjoy it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete