Monday, February 28, 2011

Slán go foillín

There are a few things that are essential to travelling but are not enjoyable at all. Packing is one of these along with goodbyes. I really don't like goodbyes...


Flip Flop and Mamma Mia went home on Saturday. We had so much fun and made lots of great memories in New York.



It wasn't until the blowing kisses and waving through the departure gates was done that I realised I was all alone in the Big Apple. When I boarded the Air Train and transferred to the subway I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, the one you get when you have just done the scary drop on a rollercoaster, and I started to feel really sick. But then, Flip Flop's words of wisdom came to me, and I decided I shouldn't waste my precious time in New York being sad, I would enjoy the adventure.

Also, thanks to my good friends at home (the beautiful Byrne twins), I was going to stay with a wonderful couple and their 2 sons in the sweetest house I've ever seen. I must take some photo's of my new room before my suitcase starts to explode all over it! (This family also have the two cutest dogs, a Chow and a Pug, which I look forward to walking at least once a day...photos to follow!)

2 comments:

  1. the adventure is only begining... enjoy your time my dear... loving the blog so far, i seem to be attached to my laptop so its a wonderful distraction! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! I'm really enjoying doing it so I'm glad it's giving you a distraction :) Hope you are going to have some free weekends when I get back x

    ReplyDelete